Pages

Friday, October 2, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ➯ BONE GAP


BY AUTHOR LAURA RUBY


NARRATED BY DAN BITTNER





THE DETAILS


❐ MAGICAL REALISM
❐ PART CONTEMPORARY, PART FANTASY
❐ YA- ISH
❐ WHIMSICAL WITH A DARK EDGE
❐ SPLASH OF ROMANCE
❐ LENGTH OF AUDIO ➯ 8 HOURS, 21 MINUTES
 I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY


An unusual, fairytale-ish story with a mysteriously darkish lining to it, that ultimately lost me somewhere along the way.  I think it was when the magical horse came about.  

I could see that it had the potential to be something for other readers...it just wasn't for me, no matter how hard I tried to make it be.  I even kept rewinding it to see if I could figure out what was going on.  Part of the reason I failed to connect, I think, is it needed a second narrator for Roza's parts.  I feel like that could have only helped.  Dan Bittner is a good narrator, but some reason I tune him out so easily...I feel like his voice is maybe too pleasant.



BREAKDOWN
Narration ➯ 3½ STARS
Plot  3/5
Characters  4/5
The Feels  3/5
Pacing  3/5
Addictiveness  2/5
Theme, Tone or Intensity  3/5
Originality/Believability  3/5
Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening)  2/5
World-Building  2.5/5
Ending  3/5
SUMMATION  3 STARS


I LISTENED TO THIS FOR THE SQUARE


FOR HALLOWEEN BINGO 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER