Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ➯ POISONED

 



BY JENNIFER DONNELLY


NARRATED BY ROSIE JONES





THE DETAILS


❐ THE SNOW WHITE RETELLING THAT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR...
❐ MULTIPLE POV'S
❐ DARKISH YA FANTASY
❐ VERY TINY SPLASH OF ROMANCE
❐ LENGTH OF AUDIO ➯ 10 HOURS, 36 MINUTES
 I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY


Jennifer Donnelly has got fairytale retellings on lock.  I loved this...absolutely fantastic...I do believe I liked this one more than Stepsister even.  It was the perfect blend of fantasy, darkness, badassness, and heart...so much heart in this one.  

As for the narration by Rosie Jones, well, she grew on me.  At first, I found her to be overly juvenile sounding...but eventually, as the story progressed and Sophie grew as a person she lost that childish voice more and more...until at some point I didn't notice it at all.

I wonder what fairytale this author is going to take on next...I think the ending hinted at the possibility of Rapunzel...so we will see.  Whatever it is or whichever...I am there for it.


BREAKDOWN
Narration ➯ 4½ STARS
Plot  5/5
Characters  5/5
The Feels  5+/5
Pacing  5/5
Addictiveness  5/5
Theme, Tone or Intensity  5/5
Originality  5/5
Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening)  5/5
World-Building  5/5
Ending  5/5
SUMMATION  5+ STARS


I LISTENED TO THIS FOR THE SQUARE


FOR HALLOWEEN BINGO 2020





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER