Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ➯ HEART OF ASH

 


BY KIM LIGGETT
NARRATED BY CHLOE CANNON





THE DETAILS



❐ BLOOD & SALT #2
❐ SET IN SPAIN
❐ IMMORTALS
❐ FATED ROMANCE
❐ LENGTH OF AUDIO ➯ 7 HOURS, 5 MINUTES
❐ I LISTENED ON HOOPLA THROUGH MY LIBRARY


I needed more volume.  This is probably not actually the narrator's fault, she actually performed quite well, but I struggled with hearing what she was saying...her inner dialogue was so flipping quiet, it was a constant struggle for me.  When this sort of volume discrepancy happens, it tends to pull you out of the story...which is never good and I really hate when a book won't go loud enough for me to hear it.  

Where the first book had this creepy "children-of-the-corn" and "I-see-dead-people" thing going on, this had a more of a supernatural feel to it which lent towards The Vampire Diaries, with the immortal beings, fated romance, doomed brother, and body jumping.  Overall, I feel that this was a much-needed continuation of the story...but...I really believe this could have been told in one book and been much better for it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER