Pages

Friday, October 9, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ➯ RULES FOR VANISHING

 


BY KATE ALICE MARSHALL


NARRATED BY JESSE VILINSKY, ROBBIE DAYMOND & ROB SHAPIRO




THE DETAILS


❐ YA HORROR
❐ SMALL TOWN LEGENDS & GHOST STORIES
❐ STRANGE DISAPPEARANCES THROUGHOUT THE AGES
❐ FAUX DOCUMENTARY-STYLE, INTERVIEWS, VIDEO FOOTAGE & TRANSCRIPTS
❐ LENGTH OF AUDIO ➯ 11 HOURS, 5 MINUTES
 I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY


The premise is the most promising thing about this book...that and the excellent cover.  This had the makings to be something spectacular...but the execution left me floundering to figure out what the heck was going on most of the time.  I wanted to like it more than I actually did.  I think it lost me fairly quickly with all the different characters to keep track of.  I tried like hell to remember who was who.

With the style of the narrative and the multiple POV's, someone should have realized that this would have been so much better with a complete full-cast.  Each of these narrators was really decent and performed very well, considering, though.  

Overall, I'm really not sure what it was that left me feeling indifferent towards this book.  This could be a hit for others...don't let my confusion keep you from giving it a listen or a read.  I'm really not sure what it was that left me feeling indifferent towards this book.



BREAKDOWN
Narration ➯ 4 STARS
Plot  3.8/5
Characters  3/5
The Feels  2/5
Pacing  3/5
Addictiveness  3/5
Theme, Tone or Intensity  3/5
Originality  3.8/5
Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening)  2/5
World-Building  2.7/5
Ending  2.7/5
SUMMATION  3 STARS


I LISTENED TO THIS FOR THE SQUARE


FOR HALLOWEEN BINGO 2020





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER