Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ➯ THE NEED



BY HELEN PHILLIPS


NARRATED BY ALEXANDRA ALLWINE



MY RATING  STARS


THE DETAILS


❐ NOT THE STORY I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE
❐ MORE PSYCHOLOGICAL THAN SCIENCE FICTION
❐ DABBLES IN ALTERNATE/PARALLEL UNIVERSES
❐ MOTHERHOOD BLUES
❐ LENGTH OF AUDIO ➯ 6 HOURS, 20 MINUTES
 I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY


I was completely flipping lost with this book and if it wasn't for the Reader Q & A section on Goodreads...I would have gone on being totally confused.  After reading it, I felt like I had a little more clarity on it...especially the weird ending.   This is one of those stories that is really much deeper than what the synopsis leads you to believe...and I wanted something or thought I was getting a mystery suffused in science fiction.  In reality, it is much more psychological and dwells on themes of the overwhelmingness of motherhood.  Maybe, if I had gone into this book knowing what it was...I could have enjoyed it more...I guess I'll never know???



BREAKDOWN
Narration ➯ 3½ STARS
Plot  3/5
Characters  3.8/5
The Feels  2.5/5
Pacing  3/5
Addictiveness  3/5
Theme, Tone or Intensity  3/5
Originality  4/5
Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening)  2.7/5
Twisty-ness/Mystery  3/5
Ending  2.5/5
SUMMATION  2¾ STARS


I LISTENED TO THIS FOR THE SQUARE


FOR HALLOWEEN BINGO 2020





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER