Pages

Friday, October 23, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ➯ MOTHER KNOWS BEST


BY KIRA PEIKOFF


NARRATED BY SOPHIE AMOSS, MARNI PENNING, & JENNIFER JILL ARAYA




THE DETAILS


❐ MEDICAL/DOMESTIC THRILLER
❐ WITH A DASH OF MYSTERY AND A HEALTHY DOSE OF SCIENCE FICTION
❐ TOLD FROM THREE POV'S WITH PAST AND PRESENT TENSE
❐ A CHILD BORN WITH THE DNA OF THREE PARENTS
❐ MOSTLY PREDICTABLE YET TOTALLY FASCINATING
❐ LENGTH OF AUDIO ➯ 9 HOURS, 36 MINUTES
 I LISTENED ON AUDIBLE THROUGH AUDIBLE PLUS


This has one of the most innovative plotlines that I've seen in a mystery/thriller...I'm not saying that they aren't out there because for all I know they are.  Most of the mystery is easily guessable as to where it's going but honestly, I didn't mind.  I suggest listening in one go, that way you don't have a lot of time to contemplate the plot.  There are intricacies/twists to the story that you might not guess that way.  That's what I did and it worked for me.

I'm also fairly certain the narration made a difference too.  It was fantastically performed by all three narrators.  Especially, Sophie Amos, she does a young girl's voice very well.

The science in this is very palatable even if you're not usually into science fiction or medical thrillers.  It felt like the author knew something about DNA manipulating and the like.  There are a few cheesy/over the top moments and at least one bout of crazy, maybe a few...but it all comes together in the end, in one entertaining package.  It doesn't hurt that this is on the Audible Plus Plan either.



BREAKDOWN
Narration ➯ 5 STARS
Plot  4.3/5
Characters  4/5
The Feels  4.5/5
Pacing  4.5/5
Addictiveness  5/5
Theme, Tone or Intensity  4.7/5
Originality/Believability  4.5/5
Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening)  5/5
Twisty-ness/Mystery  3.8/5
Ending  4.2/5
SUMMATION  4¼ STARS




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER