Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ➯ THE SPACE BETWEEN WORLDS


 

BY MICAIAH JOHNSON


NARRATED BY NICOLE LEWIS



MY RATING  STARS


THE DETAILS


❐ STAND-ALONE
❐ SCIENCE FICTION/DYSTOPIAN/FANTASY
❐ TRAVELING BETWEEN AN INFINITE NUMBER OF PARALLEL WORLDS
❐ LGBT
❐ LENGTH OF AUDIO ➯ 11 HOURS, 46 MINUTES
 I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY


I was drawn in by the amazing cover, I really love it...although I think it may suggest that this book is about something other than what it is, or not...actually, I'm not sure since I was rather confused by what was going on most of the time.  The concept of this was intriguing too...but maybe it tried to be too relevant and didn't focus on any one element enough to seize my interest, or maybe it was not the right time for me and this book to click.  I'm really not all that sure what it was.  I do know it wasn't the narration because Nicole Lewis performed quite nicely.

Ultimately, I wanted to like this more than I actually did...but maybe you shouldn't let my feelings sway you one way or another because there are plenty of other readers/listeners who have really liked this.




BREAKDOWN
Narration ➯ 4½ STARS
Plot  3/5
Characters  3/5
The Feels  2.3/5
Pacing  3/5
Addictiveness  2/5
Theme/Tone/Intensity  2.5/5
Originality/Believability  2.5/5
Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening)  2/5
World-Building  2.5/5
Ending  2/5
SUMMATION  2½ STARS




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER