Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ➯ THE NEMESIS

 



BY S.J. KINCAID


NARRATED BY CANDACE THAXTON




THE DETAILS


❐ DIABOLIC #3 OF 3
❐ FINAL BOOK IN TRILOGY (THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE A STAND-ALONE???)
❐ SECRETS, LIES, & SERIOUS BETRAYALS
❐ PLANETARY INTRIGUE
❐ THIS DIABOLIC IS THINKING DIABOLICALLY  NOW
❐ LENGTH OF AUDIO ➯ 11 HOURS, 16 MINUTES
 I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY


All I can say is...I'm glad this series is finished...and hopefully, I never feel the need to listen to another book narrated by Candace Thaxton again.  Her voice does not gel with me...at all.  I keep thinking that I can power through or that she eventually grow on me...but now, upon finishing this book, I can definitely say that's not going to happen.  

Suffice it to say...I could have loved this more with a different narrator, of course.  I also could have loved it more if there wasn't so much time between books...I had more or less forgotten what happened in book #2.  Apparently, it was super cliffhangery, though.  I tried not to let the narration influence my rating too significantly since overall this was completely unexpected, and ultimately fulfilling because it ended rather perfectly.  



BREAKDOWN
Narration ➯ 3 STARS
Plot  4.3/5
Characters  4/5
The Feels  4/5
Pacing  4.3/5
Addictiveness  3.5/5
Theme/Tone/Intensity  4/5
Originality  4/5
Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening)  3.5/5
World-Building  4.3/5
Ending  4/5
SUMMATION  4 STARS




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER