Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ➯ AND NOW SHE'S GONE

 


BY RACHEL HOWZELL HALL


NARRATED BY JE NIE FLEMING




THE DETAILS


❐ SLOW-BURN MYSTERY
❐ SOME THRILLS & SUSPENSE
❐ DOMESTIC ABUSE
❐ IDENTITY THEFT
❐ LENGTH OF AUDIO ➯ 11 HOURS, 31 MINUTES
 I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY


A newly minted private investigator, Grayson Sykes is searching for a missing person...the more she learns about this missing woman...the deeper the mystery goes...and goes...and goes.    This was a little slow going for my tastes...I feel like it took forever to get the mystery going and eventually it had two mysteries going on.  I'll admit sometimes I couldn't keep each story separated...they may have even become intertwined with each other.  

The narrative was kept fresh by dealing with themes of domestic abuse, identity theft, and a stolen dog named Kenny G (I have no idea what happened to the dog, either...probably mind-wandering during that section).  By the end, the payout was rewarding enough and the Audio is performed swimmingly by Je Nie Fleming...she was the perfect voice for Grayson Sikes character. 



BREAKDOWN
Narration ➯ 4½ STARS
Plot  4/5
Characters  4/5
The Feels  3.7/5
Pacing  3.7/5
Addictiveness  3.5/5
Theme, Tone or Intensity  3.5/5
Originality/Believability  4/5
Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening)  4/5
Twisty-ness/Mystery  4/5
Ending  4/5
SUMMATION  3¾ STARS


I LISTENED TO THIS FOR MY FREE SPACE


 FOR HALLOWEEN BINGO 2020






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER