Pages

Friday, November 6, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ➯ LITTLE SECRETS



BY JENNIFER HILLIER

NARRATED BY KIRSTEN POTTER




❐ Overall Rating 4¾ | Narration 4¼
❐ Mystery/Thriller/Suspense
❐ Multiple POV's
❐ Kidnapping
❐ Infidelity
❐ Satisfyingly Twisty


I was hesitant to listen to this since I was one of the few people who didn't like Jar of Hearts by this author...it ventured way too far into the unbelievable for me.  I also read an ARC that was riddled with typos and such which made it such a struggle to stay in the story and even finish it.  But this book really came through for me...it felt believable and by the end, I was really rooting for these broken people...well, maybe not all of them.  I'm really glad I gave this one a go because it surprised me in the best way possible.

Kirsten Potter's narration, while not my favorite, was sufficient enough to keep me in the story.  She did manage some different inflections for all the various POV's, sort of, anyway.  While I've never been blown away by her narration; she is reliable and will always be someone that I'm never disappointed to see listed as the narrator of a book.  Of course, as always, my rating is influenced by the fact that this could have been phenomenal with additional narrators.


❐ Libby Listen through my Library
❐ Length ➯ 10H 33M
❐ Plot ➯ 4.5/5
❐ Characters ➯ 4.3/5
❐ The Feels ➯ 5/5
❐ Twisty-ness/Mystery ➯ 4.7/5
❐ Ending ➯ 5/5







No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER