Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

AUDIOBOOK ➯ CLOCKWORK ANGEL




BY CASSANDRA CLARE

NARRATED BY JENNIFER EHLE




❐ Overall Rating 3¾ | Narration 5
❐ The Infernal Devices #1
❐ Prequel to Mortal Instruments Series
❐ Paranormal/Supernatural/Steampunk
❐ Victorian London
❐ The possibility of romance


For the most part, I had lost any interest in finishing the Mortal Instruments Series...I only made it to book #4.  My love for this genre has really waned since I first started those books...also Jace and Clary's story was being dragged out for way too long.  But I kept hearing about this prequel series to TMI and I found the first two books on sale at Audible...so I bought them, in the hopes that maybe they would be what I need to re-spark my interest in the genre, and then they languished in my library of audiobooks...for a few years, actually.  I started it on a whim and the beginning pulled me in quickly and easily...

While I believe this has the makings to be a five-star book, a steampunk-ish plot, likable characters, and a fabulous ending...it failed to spike any real emotion from me.  I just wasn't that into it. But if you loved The Mortal Instruments and you're not afraid to read/listen to something that has a decidedly historical/England vibe then you should definitely give this a try...if you haven't already, of course, because let's face it...I'm a little late to the party.  Also, the narration is really superbly performed by Jennifer Ehle.  Although I did notice, in Book #2 she is not the female narrator...I wonder why that is?  


❐ Audible Listen 
❐ Length ➯ 14H 36M 
❐ Plot ➯ 4/5
❐ Characters ➯ 4/5
❐ The Feels ➯ 2.8/5
❐ World-Building ➯ 4/5
❐ Ending ➯ 4/5






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER