Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2020

AUDIOBOOK ➯ EVERY NOW AND THEN



BY LESLEY KAGEN

NARRATED BY HILARY HUBER




❐ Overall Rating 3.5 | 5 Narration
❐ Literary Fiction 
❐ Coming-of-age 
❐ With a splash of mystery
❐ Three friends and their adventures in the Summer of 1960


First off, I love the cover and I loved Hilary Huber's narration...in fact, I always love her narration.  Those two things are what sealed the deal for me to give this book a try.

This book is compared or likened to Where the Crawdads Sing and I can see that.  They both have a historical setting of the 1960s.  Both have a splash of mystery.  Also, they both deal with prejudices.  Plus, they both have a kind of slow-burning pace, with really memorable endings. Although, WTCS has more going on throughout the story to keep you invested in the story, overall.  ENAT doesn't really have that...at least I didn't feel that it did. 

While the ending got a little intense and was even a little bit jaw-dropping...I just didn't feel that it was worthwhile enough to make me forget how bored I was with the story up until the ending.  I'm certain there will be lots of readers/listeners who love this story just the way it is, though.  




❐ Libby Listen through my Library
❐ Length ➯ 9H 1M
❐ Plot ➯ 3.5/5
❐ Characters ➯ 3.5/5
❐ The Feels ➯ 3/5
❐ Mystery/Thrills ➯ 2.8/5
❐ Ending ➯ 4.3/5






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER