Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2020

AUDIOBOOK ➯ AFTER THE FIRE





BY WILL HILL

NARRATED BY DEVON SORVANI




❐ Overall Rating 4¼ | Narration 4¼
❐ Cult Life
❐ Told in Present Tense and Flashbacks
❐ Single POV
❐ Realistic Fiction


For me, this felt like a very realistic portrayal of life in a commune and of life after the commune.  I find books about cults fascinating...I love to see how each author tackles this subject matter.  From brainwashing to Polygamy and everything in between.  

While told from the point of view of a teenage girl around sixteen or seventeen this is still a compelling and worthwhile read for someone older than that age.  It also has moments when the subject matter is difficult to read...which is a given with this sort of story.

At first, I didn't like the narration by Devon Sorvani but once I was immersed in the story, I didn't really notice the good or the bad of the narration.



❐ Libby Listen through my Library
❐ Length ➯ 14H 5M
❐ Plot ➯ 4.3/5
❐ Characters ➯ 4/5
❐ The Feels ➯ 4.3/5
❐ World-Building 
 4.3/5
❐ Ending ➯ 4/5






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER