Pages

Friday, November 13, 2020

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE EDGE OF NORMAL



BY CARLA NORTON

NARRATED BY CHRISTINA DELAINE




❐ Overall Rating 4¾ | Narration 4¼
❐ Reeve LeClaire #1
❐ Suspense Thriller 
❐ Kidnapping
❐ Amateur Sleuthing
❐ Deeply affecting without being overly graphic


Wow, this was intense and heebie-jeebie kind of creepy.  To up the creep factor, you're also privy to the pedophile's headspace.  Which...yeah...I don't have to say how absolutely fucked that is.  Since you know who the bad-guy is near the beginning of the story is not so much a mystery...but it's definitely quite thrilling.

A lot of listeners didn't like the narration by Christina Delaine, I didn't find it all that bad, other than it wouldn't go loud enough for me to hear it well...I listened to the second book right after this one and the volume discrepancy wasn't an issue in that one.  A separate male narrator would have made this perfect...I'm waiting for this to be a standard in audiobooks.



❐ Libby Listen through my Library
❐ Length ➯ 11H 31M
❐ Plot ➯ 4.7/5
❐ Characters ➯ 5/5
❐ The Feels ➯ 4.5/5
❐ Twisty-ness/Mystery/Thrills ➯ 5/5
❐ Ending ➯ 4.5/5







No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER