Pages

Friday, November 27, 2020

AUDIOBOOK ➯ PRETTY THINGS



BY JANELLE BROWN

NARRATED BY JULIA WHELAN & LAUREN FORTGANG WITH A FORWARD BY HILARY HUBER




❐ Overall Rating 4½ | Narration 4½
❐ Mystery/Thriller/Suspense
❐ Something of a character study
❐ Twisty
❐ Dual POV's
❐ Lake Tahoe Setting


Two con-artists try running the long-con...and ultimately the real question is who is conning who???

You may have heard that this is a little longish and tends to go into details about unnecessary things, and both those are completely true of this book.  Sometimes you even get the same scene from more than one perspective.  And these things are usually always deal-breakers for me...but for some reason, I completely enjoyed this despite all those things...maybe even because of.  That and it was superbly narrated, I always love Lauren Fortgang and I even enjoyed Julia Whelan in this, and usually, I don't really like her.  Overall, I guess it just clicked with me...maybe it will for you also.



❐ Libby Listen through my Library
❐ Length ➯ 16H 7M
❐ Plot ➯ 4.5/5
❐ Characters ➯ 4.3/5
❐ The Feels ➯ 4.7/5
❐ Twisty-ness/Mystery/Thrills ➯ 4.5/5
❐ Ending ➯ 4.5/5







No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER