Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ➯ THE GIRL FROM WIDOW HILLS

 


BY MEGAN MIRANDA

NARRATED BY REBEKKAH ROSS




❐ Overall Rating 2¼ | Narration  3
❐ A woman trying to hide from her tragic past
❐ Psychological Thriller...that's low on thrills
❐ Sleepwalking


Maybe it's time that I give up on Megan Miranda.  I keep listening to her books thinking in my head..." I really like this author"...but it turns out that I might be confusing her with Wendy Walker.  What can I say...I'm easily confused.

This book is like most of her other books...kind of boring throughout with not enough pay-off at the end and/or one where the premise sounds interesting but the execution always leaves you wanting something more.  Thirdly, she always has the same narrator for all her books...and I'm finding that her style is the same for every character she portrays...and she never really changes it up, which isn't always a bad thing...unless you don't really care for them in the first place.



❐ Libby Listen through my Library
❐ Length ➯ 9H 57M
❐ Plot ➯ 2.5/5
❐ Characters ➯ 2/5
❐ The Feels ➯ 2/5
❐ Twisty-ness/Mystery/Thrills ➯ 2/5
❐ Ending ➯ 2.5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER