Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ● CROOKED KINGDOM ●


BY LEIGH BARDUGO

    NARRATED BY ROGER CLARK, JAY SNYDER, ELIZABETH EVANS, FRED BERMAN, BRANDON RUBIN, KEVIN T. COLLINS, LAUREN FORTGANG, PETER GANIM 


    THE DETAILS


     SIX OF CROWS #2 - MY REVIEW FOR SIX OF CROWS #1
     YA-ISH FANTASY
     SET IN THE GRISHA-VERSE
     A RESCUE, AND A FLEECING
    ● WITH THIS INTRIGUING CREW OF SIX + ONE
    ● SOME MORE SUBTLE ROMANCE
    ● DEAR LEIGH BARDUGO: YOU FREAKING KILLED ME WITH THAT THING YOU DID NEAR THE END???
     LENGTH OF AUDIO - 17 HOURS, 58 MINUTES
     I LISTENED ON AUDIBLE





    MY THOUGHTS●●●


    I loved this series...the full-cast narration makes this a tremendous success.  This book is over a thousand minutes and it didn't feel like it at all.  Props for the narrators and producers too.  Each and every voice in this was fantastic and their voices for the other characters even sounded like the actual person reading for those voices did.  They really coordinated with the other characters effectively and seamlessly.  This book sets a standard that all multi-character audiobooks should hold themselves too.

    I should mention that this book has characters and refers to characters from the OG trilogy in this universe that knowing of beforehand would definitely enhance your experience but I don't believe it would necessarily hinder it.  I only listened to the first two books in the trilogy myself and I never felt lost.

    Overall, I highly recommend this duo for its spectacular characters...fleshed out so thoroughly that you feel like you actually know them.  I loved them all...but Matthias and Nina are still my favorites...their banter is infectious and I couldn't get enough of them.  Also, the story itself is perfectly paced and packed with danger and daring.

    To Leigh Bardugo...While you crushed me near the end...I can't hold it against you...not when I take the whole story into account...it's 5 stars all the way...and maybe more.


    BREAKDOWN●●●

    Narration Rating ⇢ 5 STARS
    Plot ⇢ 4.8/5
    Characters ⇢ 5+/5
    The Feels ⇢ 5/5
    Pacing ⇢ 5/5
    Addictiveness ⇢ 5/5
    Theme, Tone or Intensity ⇢ 5/5
    Originality ⇢5/5
    Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening) ⇢ 5/5
    World-Building ⇢5/5
    Romance/Chemistry ⇢ 5/5
    Ending ⇢ 4.8/5
    Summation ⇢ 5 STARS




    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    My Latest Post

    AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER