Pages

Friday, July 24, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ● SPARROW ●


BY L.J. SHEN

    NARRATED BY MICHAEL PAULEY


    THE DETAILS


    ● CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
     WITH A LITTLE SUSPENSE
     ALTERNATING POV'S (HERO & HEROINE)
     TOLD BY ONLY ONE (MALE) NARRATOR
     SEXPLICIT --WITH A SIDE OF PAIN=PLEASURE
     LENGTH OF AUDIO - 9 HOURS, 23 MINUTES
     I LISTENED ON AUDIBLE THROUGH AUDIBLE ESCAPE




    MY THOUGHTS●●●


    My narration rating is influenced by the fact that I believe this should have had a second narrator.  Michael Pauley easily gave a five-star performance for the part of Troy...but, and this even despite him giving her voice a different tone, he shouldn't have been the one to perform Sparrows sections.  That sort of thing just throws off the entire story for me...I wanted to rate it lower because of this...but I had to give him props for trying.

    I liked the heroine --she was shy but feisty and felt genuine. The Hero, not so much, he was supposed to be this dark mobster...but really he was just kind of dirty...and not really all that mobster-ly. I had a few issues with him and maybe I felt he didn't really deserve Sparrow...but meh what can I say...love is love and maybe he grew on me a little at least. The story did have some depth to it with the suspense element, despite how predictable it is, it helped to balance out the overabundance of sex going on.
     


    BREAKDOWN●●●

    ● Narration Rating ⇢ 4 STARS
    ● Plot ⇢ 3.5/5
    ● Characters ⇢ 3.5/5
    ● The Feels ⇢ 2.7/5
    ● Pacing ⇢ 3.8/5
    ● Addictiveness ⇢ 3.5/5
    ● Theme, Tone or Intensity ⇢ 3/5
    ● Originality/Believability ⇢3.7/5
    ● Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening) ⇢ 4/5
    ● Romance/Chemistry ⇢ 3/5
    ● Steaminess to Story Ratio ⇢ 40/60
    ● Ending ⇢ 3.8/5
    ● Summation ⇢ 3½ STARS




    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    My Latest Post

    AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER