Pages

Friday, July 17, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW⤏ THE ARCHIVED


BY AUTHOR VICTORIA SCHWAB

    NARRATED BY PIPER GOODEVE


    THE DETAILS


    ⤏ THE ARCHIVED #1
    ⤏ FANTASY MIXED WITH THE REAL WORLD
    ⤏ A VERY UNIQUE CONCEPT
    ⤏ YOUNG ADULT (heavy on the Y)
    ⤏ DEALING WITH THE LOSS OF A SIBLING
    ⤏ LENGTH OF AUDIO - 9 HOURS, 54 MINUTES
    ⤏ I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY




    MY THOUGHTS⇣


    This has one of the most unique concepts that I've found in YA fantasy...a library or Archive, if you will, for the dead...with Keepers that keep them in.  Although, in my head, I thought they were leading them to the Archive after their death.   

    So, while imaginative...it wasn't always fully elucidated, at least for me, anyway.  I think I felt this was more for the younger of the YA audience and I wasn't fully into it.  Despite that, I would still recommend it...for its uniqueness and likable characters alone and also for the way it deals with the underlying theme of the grief of a sibling.

    The narration was quite nice...I always love Piper Goodeve, she may have one of the most pleasant voices I've ever heard on an audiobook.  Although...that can lead to my mind wandering...which it did once in a while.


    BREAKDOWN⇣

    Narration Rating ⇢ 4½ STARS
    Plot ⇢ 4/5
    Characters ⇢ 4/5
    The Feels ⇢ 3.5/5
    Pacing ⇢ 4/5
    Addictiveness ⇢ 3.5/5
    Theme, Tone or Intensity ⇢ 4/5
    Originality ⇢ 4.5/5
    Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening) ⇢ 4.5/5
    World-Building ⇢ 4/5
    Ending ⇢ 3.7/5
    Summation ⇢ 4 STARS





    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    My Latest Post

    AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER