Pages

Friday, July 17, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW⤏ THE GIRLS WEEKEND


BY JODY GEHRMAN

    NARRATED BY EMILY ELLET


    SYNOPSIS & BUY LINKS ON AUTHORS WEBSITE⇣


    THE DETAILS


    ⤏ LOCKED-ROOM MYSTERY
    ⤏ REUNION OF GIRLFRIENDS
    ⤏ MIXED WITH SOME ROHYPNOL
    ⤏ DRAMA, JEALOUSIES & BLOOD ON THE WALL
    ⤏ SAN JUAN ISLANDS SETTING...BUT IT DIDN'T REALLY FEEL LIKE IT
    ⤏ LENGTH OF AUDIO - 9 HOURS, 26 MINUTES
    ⤏ I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY





    MY THOUGHTS⇣


    A mix of the hangover and your favorite locked room mystery, where everyone has a reason to want the missing/presumed dead to be offed.  Is IT predictable...well I guessed IT, but I would rather guess and feel sorta clever than have IT be something that is so far out in left-field that it comes off as preposterous.  So, more or less a win for me.

    I love Emily Ellet's narration...this is the second book I've listened to this year with her voicing the story.  Her inflections and her other voices feel effortless and she has the ability to keep you in the story.  She definitely influenced my overall rating.

    I found most of the characters easily relatable, and while I thought some of the drama was over the top from some of them...overall I found The Girls Weekend to be an entertaining listen/read.  The perfect escape while you're doing something mind-numbingly boring.


    BREAKDOWN⇣

    Narration Rating ⇢ 5 STARS
    Plot ⇢ 4/5
    Characters ⇢ 4/5
    The Feels ⇢ 4/5
    Pacing ⇢ 4/5
    Addictiveness ⇢ 4.2/5
    Theme, Tone or Intensity ⇢ 4/5
    Originality/Believability ⇢ 4/5
    Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening) ⇢ 5/5
    Twisty-ness/Mystery ⇢ 3.5/5
    Ending ⇢ 4/5
    Summation ⇢ 4 STARS






    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    My Latest Post

    AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER