Pages

Monday, July 27, 2020

REVIEW ● THE LIFE THAT MATTERED ●


BY JEWEL E ANN 

NARRATED BY ANDI ARNDT & PAUL WOODSON


THE DETAILS


● THE LIFE SERIES #1 OF 2
 CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE WITH A TWIST
● W/A HINT OF SUPERNATURAL/THE UNEXPLAINED
 A ROMANCE THAT FOCUSES ON LIFE MORESO THAN ACTUAL ROMANCE
 TWO POV'S --HERO & HEROINE'S 
 ENDS IN A SERIOUS CLIFFHANGER
 LENGTH OF AUDIO - 8 HOURS 38 MINUTES
 I LISTENED ON AUDIBLE




MY THOUGHTS●●●


MY REVIEW IN ONE SENTENCE:  The Life That Mattered is small parts Aspen Extreme, Final Destination, Vice Versa, and The Last Song that's been melded, molded, and mashed-up into something completely original.  

If you like romance but feel like most of them are just the same story recycled then this might be exactly what you need.  It does end on a cliffhanger though, so you might want to have book #2 ready to go.  To be honest, I dislike when an author splits a book up into two parts just to sell more books.  It's so not cool...but on the other hand, I would also hate to miss out on a story that I could love just because of my dislike.  It's really a catch-22.

I've only read two books by Jewel E Ann, this one and End of Day and so far, I would say her writing style is really unlike any other romance writer that I've ever read/listened to...it's edgy, lascivious, oddly funny, and intrinsically deep without feeling deep.  

I started this, in eBook format, back in March right before we went into quarantine...and for some reason, with everything going in the world I was unable to read anything...I was listening to audiobooks the whole time without any problem, though.  The other day I saw on Instagram that this had an audio edition, so I used one of my credits and finished it quite quickly after that.  The narration is very well performed by both...I always like Andi Arndt...and Paul Woodson's accent was just the right amount.  So, now I'm impatiently waiting on the second book to come out on audio, so I can finish this up.  


BREAKDOWN●●●

● Narration Rating ⇢ 5 STARS
● Plot ⇢ 4.3/5
● Characters ⇢ 4.5/5
● The Feels ⇢ 4.2/5
● Pacing ⇢ 4/5
● Addictiveness ⇢ 4/5
● Theme, Tone or Intensity ⇢ 4.3/5
● Originality/Believability ⇢4.2/5
● Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening) ⇢ 4.3/5
● Romance/Chemistry ⇢ 4.5/5
● Steaminess to Story Ratio ⇢ 30/70
● Ending ⇢ 4.2/5
● Summation ⇢ 4¼ STARS




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER