Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW⤏ WHEN ASHES FALL



BY MARNI MANN

    NARRATED BY AVA ERICKSON, AIDEN SNOW & TEDDY HAMILTON


    THE DETAILS


    ⤏ CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
    ⤏ FICTIONAL STORY AMIDST A REAL-LIFE TRAGEDY
    ⤏ PTSD
    ⤏ TOLD IN DUAL TIMELINES WITH THREE ALTERNATING POINT OF VIEWS
    ⤏ & CAKE...LOTS OF CAKE EATING
    ⤏ LENGTH OF AUDIO - 6 HOURS, 51 MINUTES
    ⤏ I LISTENED ON AUDIBLE THROUGH AUDIBLE ESCAPE



    MY THOUGHTS⇣


    A quick little listen on Audible Escape...trying to get everything I want to listen too that is on AE before my free month runs out.  The three narrator's performance was near perfect for this, they made my listening experience exceptional.

    The story that is set-up here could have been a really emotional one...only I could see where it was going easily...and I never really felt fully invested in it.  While I liked it...I didn't love it.  I do think this author writes some of the best sex scenes ever...she doesn't namby-pamby around with silly names for all things sexual.



    BREAKDOWN⇣

    Narration Rating ⇢ 5 STARS
    Plot ⇢ 3.8/5
    Characters ⇢ 3.7/5
    The Feels ⇢ 3.5/5
    Pacing ⇢ 4/5
    Addictiveness ⇢ 4/5
    Theme, Tone or Intensity ⇢ 4/5
    Originality/Believability ⇢4/5
    Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening) ⇢ 4.7/5
    Romance/Chemistry ⇢ 4/5
    Steaminess to Story Ratio ⇢ 25/75
    Ending ⇢ 3.8/5
    Summation ⇢ 4 STARS




    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    My Latest Post

    AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER