Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ➯ THE SEARCH PARTY



BY SIMON LELIC


NARRATED BY FIONA BUTTON, BEN AROGUNDADE, SACHA DHAWAN, JACK ROWAN, JOE GAMINARA, & NICOLE DAVIS



THE DETAILS

❐ A GROUP OF "FRIENDS" SEARCHES FOR ONE OF THEIR OWN
❐ I ALWAYS FEEL LIKE SOMBODY'S WATCHING ME...
❐ SOMEONE ENDS UP DEAD
❐ TOLD IN PRESENT TENSE & PAST TENSE
❐ MANY POV'S WITH A FULL-CAST
❐ SECRETS, LIES & BETRAYALS...
❐ LENGTH OF AUDIO ➯ 9 HOURS, 55 MINUTES
 I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY


At times this felt like a bunch of bratty teens being mean to each other in the name of friendship...I felt a "with friends like these...who needs enemies" kind of vibe.  By the end, it became something else, though...it slowly insinuated itself under my skin without me even realizing it...making me contemplate the what-ifs and should-haves.  It just goes to show...the truth really can set you free.

It wasn't always easy to stay in the story, which is probably due to the accents...yup, still struggling with these accents, but I figure if I occasionally throw a book with them into the mix once in a while, maybe, I'll slowly get used to them.  I really hate to miss out on a story just because of this.  It also helped that this had a full-cast for the narration and all the voices felt uniquely different from one another.  



BREAKDOWN
Narration ➯ 4½ STARS
Plot  4.3/5
Characters  4/5
The Feels  4/5
Pacing  4/5
Addictiveness  4/5
Theme, Tone or Intensity  4/5
Originality/Believability  3.5/5
Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening)  3.7/5
Twisty-ness/Mystery  4/5
Ending  4.3/5
SUMMATION  4 STARS


I LISTENED TO THIS FOR THE SQUARE


FOR HALLOWEEN BINGO 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER