Pages

Monday, September 14, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ➯ THE GHOST TREE



BY CHRISTINA HENRY


NARRATED BY JAN JOHNS



THE DETAILS

❐ YA HORROR
❐ WITCHES, CURSES, AND BLOODY SACRIFICES
❐ EVIL LURKING IN THE WOODS
❐ MULTIPLE POV'S
❐ SET IN THE 80'S...WITH PLENTY OF REFERENCES
❐ LENGTH OF AUDIO ➯ 11 HOURS, 43 MINUTES
 I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY


This isn't really a retelling but it almost feels like it could be...there's even a princess...but you know, she dies (not really a spoiler)...that's pretty much what this author does turns the fairytales on their ass, so to speak.  If you've read and liked any of Christina Henry's other books...then you probably will like this one.  I haven't found a book by her that I didn't at least like.  She tells the story without any extra BS thrown in...which I'm a fan of...although this one had some mother/teen daughter drama in it...but it did have a reason for being there.

The narration by Jan Johns was excellently performed, her voice for four-year-old David (my fav character in the book) was so good...she made his personality shine through. Usually, I complain if a book has multiple POV's and only one narrator...but she pulled multiple characters off very well. I don't think I've ever listened to a book narrated by her before...but now I'm definitely a fan of hers.



BREAKDOWN
Narration ➯ 5 STARS
Plot  4.5/5
Characters  4.3/5
The Feels  4.5/5
Pacing  5/5
Addictiveness  5/5
Theme, Tone or Intensity  4.5/5
Originality  4.5/5
Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening)  5/5
World-Building  4.3/5
Ending  4.5/5
SUMMATION  4¾ STARS


I LISTENED TO THIS FOR THE SQUARE 


FOR HALLOWEEN BINGO 2020





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER