Pages

Friday, September 25, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ➯ DARK ISLAND




BY MATT JAMES


NARRATED BY MICHAEL LESLEY



THE DETAILS


❐ PREHISTORIC BEASTS OF THE DINOSAUR VARIETY
❐ JULES VERNE MEETS MICHAEL CRICHTON 
❐ THERE'S EVEN A SHOUT-OUT TO DR. GRANT & JURASSIC PARK
❐ TINY SPLASH OF ROMANCE OR SOMETHING LIKE IT
❐ LENGTH OF AUDIO ➯ 8 HOURS, 11 MINUTES
 I LISTENED ON HOOPLA THROUGH MY LIBRARY


Dark Island is like Jurassic Park meets Journey to the Center of the Earth, and it is one heck of a ride.  I was thoroughly entertained for the most part...but there were times where it lost me a little bit and others where I thought things were a little hokey...but overall, this was better than I thought it was going to be. 

At times I thought the narration was freaking awesome and others where he, Michael Lesley, fell a little short...like he was good...just not consistently good.  Although, I wouldn't hesitate to listen to a book narrated by him in the future.  My biggest issue with the narration overall is one that I always harp on...the lack of a second/female narrator for Mack's POV.



BREAKDOWN
Narration ➯ 4¼ STARS
Plot  4/5
Characters  4/5
The Feels  4.3/5
Pacing  4/5
Addictiveness  4/5
Theme, Tone or Intensity  4.2/5
Originality  4.3/5
Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening)  3.7/5
World-Building  4.2/5
Ending  4.3/5
SUMMATION  4¼ STARS


I LISTENED TO THIS FOR THE SQUARE


FOR HALLOWEEN BINGO 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER