Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW THE LIAR'S GIRL

 


BY CATHERINE RYAN HOWARD


NARRATED BY ALANA KERR COLLINS, ALAN SMYTH, & GARY FURLONG



THE DETAILS

❐ SERIAL KILLER MURDER MYSTERY
❐ THE GRAND CANAL IN DUBLIN, IRELAND
❐ HER BOYFRIEND CONFESSES...BUT IS HE REALLY GUILTY?
❐ FLASH-FORWARD TEN YEARS...THERE SEEMS TO BE A COPYCAT
❐ ALTERNATES BETWEEN PAST AND PRESENT
❐ LENGTH OF AUDIO ➯ 10 HOURS, 26 MINUTES
 I LISTENED ON AUDIBLE PLUS


This is my second book by this author, and while I didn't get sucked in as I did with The Nothing Man, I still found this to be a decent listen/read.  Like TNM this also puts you in the head of the serial killer through one of the various POV's...which always ups the creep factor.  This author does not shy away from the graphically gory scenes.

The writing is sensational but I didn't always buy into what was happening...and the ending left me somewhat underwhelmed.  However, there are many who loved this, so I definitely recommend this title and moreover this author.  I probably shouldn't have listened to this within a month of The Nothing Man, because with the same main narrator, Alana Kerr Collins, added to the fact that I don't listen to a lot of Irish accented books, left me confusing this storyline with TNM way too often.



BREAKDOWN
Narration ➯ 4¼ STARS
Plot  4/5
Characters  4.2/5
The Feels  3.3/5
Pacing  3/5
Addictiveness  3/5
Theme, Tone or Intensity  4/5
Originality/Believability  4/5
Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening)  3.8/5
Twisty-ness/Mystery  3.8/5
Ending  3.8/5
SUMMATION  3¾ STARS


I LISTENED TO THIS FOR THE SQUARE


FOR HALLOWEEN BINGO 2020





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER