Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ➯ ROAD OUT OF WINTER

 


BY ALISON STINE


NARRATED BY BRITTANY PRESSLEY




THE DETAILS


❐ A STAND-ALONE...BUT IT FELT LIKE IT SHOULD HAVE A SEQUEL
❐ SINGLE POV
❐ CLIMATE CHANGE --ENDLESS WINTER
❐ APOCALYPTIC WORLD
❐ LENGTH OF AUDIO ➯ 9 HOURS, 46 MINUTES
 I LISTENED ON AUDIBLE


An endless winter...if I could pick one season to have as never-ending...winter would be the last one I would pick.  Winter all-year-round would literally be a dystopian hellscape for me.  Although, this particular hellscape feels like it could be an all too real scenario and this makes for a compelling, albeit alarming listen...one that I was completely there for.

Brittany Pressley nailed this performance as if it was written for her to perform all along.  She is one of my favorites, and I'm never disappointed in her narration.

While very well written, with characters who were likable and had real depth to them, I was still ultimately put off by the ending because it didn't really have one.  As if it was reaching for something that never really happened.  I needed more from this story and from these indelible characters.  Hopefully, there is a second book coming, but from what I could find...I don't think there is going to be.



BREAKDOWN
Narration ➯ 5 STARS
Plot  4.5/5
Characters  4.3/5
The Feels  4/5
Pacing  4/5
Addictiveness  4/5
Theme, Tone or Intensity  4.3/5
Originality/Believability  4.5/5
Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening)  5/5
World-Building  4.5/5
Ending  3/5
SUMMATION  4 STARS


I LISTENED TO THIS FOR THE SQUARE


FOR HALLOWEEN BINGO 2020




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER