Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ➯ THE BRIGHT LANDS

 




BY JOHN FRAM

NARRATED BY LUIS SALGAS



THE DETAILS

❐ MURDER/MYSTERY/HORROR
❐ LITTLE PARTS VARSITY BLUES OR FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
❐ LITTLE PARTS STRANGER THINGS
❐ LITTLE PARTS QUEER
❐ LITTLE PARTS WTF!!!
❐ TEXAS + FOOTBALL + SOMETHING REALLY DARK & TWISTED
❐ LENGTH OF AUDIO ➯ 12 HOURS, 42 MINUTES
 I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY


This book had the makings of something great...but It missed the mark with me...too many POV's, and only one narrator kept me hella confused.  I would have given Luis Salgas 5 stars for his narration...but I can only give this book's narration two and a half because I never knew whose head I was in.  I will say that it helped to at least have whose POV it was on the chapter names.  Despite this, I wanted to know what was going on and never gave up trying to do so.  This could have been epic with a full-cast, and sadly someone let the full potential of this book down by not having one.  

There is plenty of crazy going on this football-obsessed Texas town of Bentley...and apparently, they are obsessed with more than just football in this town.  What are the bright lands and what exactly goes down there...these are the elements to pay attention to when reading this...and I literally never saw IT coming.  Jaw-droppingly weird is what it is.


BREAKDOWN
Narration ➯ 2½ STARS
Plot  3.8/5
Characters  4/5
The Feels  3/5
Pacing  3.5/5
Addictiveness  3/5
Theme, Tone or Intensity  4.2/5
Originality/Believability  4/5
Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening)  2/5
Twisty-ness/Mystery  3/5
Ending  2.5/5
SUMMATION  3 STARS


I LISTENED TO THIS FOR THE SQUARE


FOR HALLOWEEN BINGO 2020





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER