Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2019

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton



๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


A Classic
Young Adult
Stay Gold, Ponyboy, Stay Gold


With Narration performed by Jim Fyfe






๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


I don't remember if I read the book before or after the movie came out...but I enjoyed both quite a bit.  This story has always stuck with me, along with the "stay gold" quote.  It's a classic story for a reason, from the foreshadowing to the quotable quotes.  With some of my all-time favorite characters to this day...Johnny, Ponyboy, Dary, Soda Pop, Two-Bit, and even Dallas...awe man, how could you not love this book, even with its tendencies to be somewhat corny.  The excellent narrator of this captured the voices of the actors who played each of these characters perfectly...especially Patrick Swayze, C. Thomas Howell, and Ralph Macchio.   He made it feel like the actors themselves narrated this.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


4.7STARS - GRADE=A-





๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 


Plot⇝ 4.5/5
Narration Performance⇝ 5+/5
Main Characters⇝ 5/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 5/5
The Feels⇝ 5/5
Pacing⇝ 5/5
Addictiveness⇝ 4.5/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 5/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 5/5
Originality⇝ 5/5
Ending⇝ 4.3/5
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ I like this one...and there's a lot of them.
Setting⇝ Oklahoma
Source⇝ Audiobook (Scribd)
๏ ๏ ๏


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER