Pages

Friday, May 10, 2019

Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid

๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Sex, Drugs, & Rock N' Roll
The 70's
Bring on the Tears
Full-Cast Narration
Interview Style
All The ☆Stars☆

๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏




With Audio Performed by A Full-Cast* (see below)



๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


I knew, going into this, that I would love it...I was not prepared for how much I would love this.  It's not just the full-cast narration...which I love, it's the story itself. it was really so much more than I thought it was going to be.  It is my favorite book of the year.

In the beginning, it had an Almost Famous vibe and I love that movie.  Then it just transitioned into this utterly fascinating story on the rise and fall of a rock band with characters that not only shined but felt like they really existed.  I loved the format but loved it even more so by the end of the book.  But damn, did it make me cry...and it was an ugly cry.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


5+STARS - GRADE=A++



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 

Plot⇝ 5/5
Narration Performance⇝ 5+/5
Main Characters⇝ 5+/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 5/5
The Feels⇝ 5+/5
Pacing⇝ 5/5
Addictiveness⇝ 5/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 5/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 5/5
Originality⇝ 5/5
Ending⇝ 5/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Not really...
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝  It's okay...
Setting⇝ A lot of the time it's California...but it's all over the United States and sometimes even outside of the States.
Source⇝ Audiobook (Scribd)
๏ ๏ ๏




*The Entire Cast of Daisy Jones & the Six:

Jennifer Beals as Daisy Jones 
Pablo Schreiber as Billy Dunne
Benjamin Bratt as Graham Dunne
Judy Greer as Karen Karen
Fred Burman as Eddie Loving (should be named Eddie Hating)
Ari Fliakos as Warren Rhodes
January LaVoy as Camilla Dunne
Robbine Lee as Simone Jackson
Julia Whelan as the Narrator
Jonathon Davis as Jim Blades
Henry Leyva as Rod Reyes
Oliver Wyman as Rod Snyder
Nancy Wu as Elaine Chang
PJ Ochlan as Freddie Mendoza
Arthur Bishop as Nick Harris
Holter Graham as Jonah Berg
Brendan Wayne as Greg McGuinness
Pete Larkin as Pete Loving
Alex Jenkins Reid as Wyatt Stone
Robert Petkoff as Hank Allen
Sarah Arrington as Opal Cunningham

P.S. This Story was meant for Audio...




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER