Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Debutantes #1 


๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


A Mystery with Layers
Debs & Squires
Southern Belle Charm
Who's Your Daddy Issues
Adults Who Are Youngish




With Audio Performed by Katherine Littrell




๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


The narration by Katherine Littrell was fantastic...she did a perfect southern debutante accent.  She's also mastered the art of inflecting her voice with a different cadence for inner dialogue.  This is something of which many narrators need to improve on.  I might not have liked this as much as I did if it not for the narration, I've could have gotten bored with some of the slower sections of the story...I'll never know for sure?

While the mysteries within are not as complex or as sinister as JLB's Naturals Series, I still found them to be adequate.  For the gentrified Southern Setting the mysteries fit quite perfectly.  I found the characters refreshing, and I loved that they weren't all super-catty, to the point of being nasty...I think I thought they would be.  Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by this story.  One thing I didn't know...this has a second book.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


4STARS - GRADE=B+



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 


Plot⇝ 4/5
Narration Performance⇝ 5/5
Main Characters⇝ 4.3/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 4/5
The Feels⇝ 4/5
Pacing⇝ 3.7/5
Addictiveness⇝ 4.3/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 4/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 4.5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 3.7/5
Originality⇝ 3.8/5
Ending⇝ 3.8/5
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝  It's very pretty
Setting⇝ North Carolina, maybe...the blurb says the gentrified south.
Source⇝ Audiobook (Hoopla-Library)
๏ ๏ ๏



๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏


AmazonKobo | Scribd 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER