Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2019

Before We Were Strangers by Brenda Novak



๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Murder Mystery
Possible Crime of Passion
Second-Chance Romance
Small-Town Texas
Family Secrets
Sex-Plicit (A Splash)

With Audio Performed by Ann Marie Gideon 



๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


My first Brenda Novak Book and I found myself enmeshed in this story, the plot is almost perfect with only minor imperfections, most of them involving her reasons for leaving the small town after graduation, I just didn't buy that she left everything behind without a backward glance, especially Micah...I mean...she supposedly loved him.  But, ignoring that, I found this quite compelling.
____________________________

Overall this is an entertaining read with likable main characters and the evil ones...they are truly vile.  Unfortunately, once I started writing this and I really started to scrutinize the different plot points, the story didn't always hold up.  Which left me downgrading my rating from 4.5 to 4.3.  The narrator was fairly top-notch...still feel that a male narrator for Micah's POV would have been even better.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


4.3STARS - GRADE=A-



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 


Plot⇝ 4.2/5
Narration Performance⇝ 4.5/5
Main Characters⇝ 4.3/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 4.5/5
The Feels⇝ 4.3/5
Pacing⇝ 4.5/5
Addictiveness⇝ 5/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 4.2/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 4.7/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 4.5/5
Originality⇝ 4/5
Ending⇝ 4.5/5
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ Meh...It's okay.
Setting⇝ Texas
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER