Pages

Friday, May 17, 2019

Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff

The Aurora Cycle #1


 ๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Deep Space
Squad Goals
Gobs of Sarcasm
Galactic Beings
Trippy Space Shit
Older YA/Borderline New Adult

๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏


With Audio performed by Full-Cast* (see below)



๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


I should have loved this, and I'm so disappointed that I didn't.  I love the Illuminae Series by these two.  Seriously, all the love.   Was it the "normal" format that I couldn't get into...I don't think so.  After all, I have loved many a deep-space adventure story.  All I can come up with is the characters really didn't wow me, they left me feeling nothing or nearly nothing, anyway.   The only one I kinda liked is Scarlet...and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who would pick her as their favorite, but she felt the most real to me.  Since the bulk of the story, despite the heist and other action scenes, is all about this group of characters, I found the story ultimately lacking.  Luckily, the ending started to pique my interest, I thought, finally, maybe this has got something I can get behind.  Fingers crossed that book two has what I'm looking for.

So, overall, the story has potential, the characters have something like potential and I will more than likely continue the series...because it is, after all, Jay and Amie...plus, everyone else so far seems to love this book.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


3.5STARS - GRADE=B-



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 


Plot⇝ 3.7/5
Narration Performance⇝ 4.5/5
Characters⇝ 3.5/5
The Feels⇝ 3/5
Pacing⇝ 3/5
Addictiveness⇝ 3.5/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 4/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 3.8/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 4.5/5
Originality⇝ 4.5/5
Ending⇝ 4.2/5 Cliffhanger⇝ you could say that...
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ Very striking...
Setting⇝ The Milky Way
Source⇝ Audible Audiobook
๏ ๏ ๏





Tyler - Johnathan McClain
Auri -Kim Mai Guest
Cat -  Candice Moll
Kal - Steve West
Zila - Donnabella Mortel
Fin - Lincoln Hoppe (who also voiced Aidan)
Scarlet -Erin Spencer
Magellan -Jonathan Todd Ross  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER