Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Little Monsters by Kara Thomas

๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Psychological Thriller
Murder Mystery
Teenage Drama
Twisted And A Little Dark

๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏





With Audio Performed by Phoebe Strole & Brittany Pressley




๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


I seem to be on a YA Mystery kick lately and this is the second in a row that I really liked, although I'm sure there are some issues that some could be nit-picky about.  This is being compared with Pretty Little Liars by a lot of readers, and while I've never watched an entire episode (my daughter watches it relentlessly...5 or 6 times for the entire series, I think she's up to, now) of PLL, it does fit that comparison well, at least from what I've been dragged into watching.  The drama is your typical teenage drama albeit with a dark edge to it and it's not overdone or exceptionally whiney like I find a lot of other YA mysteries.   The overall mystery of Bailey's disappearance is compellingly readable/listenable.

I finished this fairly quickly because I had to know who did it.  My thoughts after that totally twisted ending...wow, this Author isn't afraid to go there...

The Audio performance was top-notch.  Little Monsters is told from two POVs, both Kacey and eventually some flashback snippets from Bailey.  The Audio performance was seriously top-notch, with two different narrators (Yay!) for each person.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


4.5STARS - GRADE=A-



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 


Plot⇝ 4.5/5
Narration Performance⇝ 5/5
Main Characters⇝ 4.3/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 4.2/5
The Feels⇝ 4.5/5
Pacing⇝ 4.3/5
Addictiveness⇝ 5/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 4/5
Originality⇝ 5/5
Ending⇝ 4.3/5
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ It's different and sorta interesting.
Setting⇝ Broken Falls, Wisconsin
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER