Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2019

Hotel Ruby by Suzanne Young



๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Creepy Hotel Setting
You Can Check In...
Ghosts
Splashes of Romance
Grief

With Audio Performed by Julia Whelan




๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Most of the reviews say this is just like Hotel California...the song...so I read the lyrics...and...yeah, I totally see that.  It's almost as if the Author just made up a story, albeit a YA one, to go along with those lyrics.  I think if you go into this knowing it's more or less a story to go with that song...you might not be so disappointed.  Whether or not that was the Author's intention is unknown to me or irrelevant at any least.

For the most part, it reads like a super quick little tale of a haunted hotel with grief-stricken teens and a few splashes of overly dramatic romance, and for me, it fell somewhere in the middle of terrific and terrible.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


3.3STARS - GRADE=B-



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 


Plot⇝ 3.5/5
Narration Performance⇝ 4/5
Main Characters⇝ 2.8/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 3.3/5
The Feels⇝ 3.5/5
Pacing⇝ 3.3/5
Addictiveness⇝ 3.5/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 3.2/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 3.3/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 3.7/5
Originality⇝ 1.5/5
Ending⇝ 3.5/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Nah...
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝  It's very gold...I don't like gold...well, except for gold bars.
Setting⇝ Idk...the Ruby Hotel???
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER