Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ➯ THE SOUTHERN BOOK CLUB'S GUIDE TO SLAYING VAMPIRES

 


BY GRADY HENDRIX


NARRATED BY BAHNI TURPIN



THE DETAILS

❐ A VAMPIRE MOVES IN...
❐ TOLD ALMOST ENTIRELY FROM ONE POV
❐ READ MORE LIKE THE 80'S THAN THE 90'S
❐ SOUTHERN GOTHIC SUPERNATURAL
❐ LENGTH OF AUDIO ➯ 13 HOURS, 49 MINUTES
 I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY


This book had one of the most horrifying scenes I ever read...it involved rats and belly buttons...and I cringed just typing that.  It was so bad...I was on break when I got to that scene...so I was trying to eat...ehh...it was traumatizing...lol.  Nobody in the book world knows this about me...until now, of course...but belly buttons are like my trigger.  I believe this should come with a Trigger-Warning for belly-button horror...or something like that.

But seriously, this book is crazy AF.  Super-graphic-nasty scenes, shit-tastic husbands, shady deals, one bat-shit crazy grandma, a book club (of course) who likes to read trashy crime novels (what's wrong with that?), and one deplorable vampire are just some of what you'll find within these pages.  All that and it still manages to be funny, too...

The narration was performed quite well by Bahni Turpin, her voice and accent worked really well for the atmosphere of this book.


BREAKDOWN
Narration ➯ 4½ STARS
Plot  4.2/5
Characters  4.2/5
The Feels  4/5
Pacing  4/5
Addictiveness  4/5
Theme, Tone or Intensity  4/5
Originality  5/5
Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening)  4.2/5
World-Building  4.3/5
Ending  4/5
SUMMATION  4¼ STARS




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER