Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ➯ SAFE



BY S.K. BARNETT


NARRATED BY BRITTANY PRESSLEY



THE DETAILS

❐ MYSTERY/THRILLER/SUSPENSE
❐ MISSING CHILD/FOUND CHILD
❐ WHAT THE FUCKERY...
❐ TOLD FROM ONE POV
❐ LENGTH OF AUDIO ➯ 9 HOURS, 4 MINUTES
 I LISTENED ON LIBBY


Some have said that they think this goes somewhere that is not to be believed...but I was totally there for it.  The author took a well-known kidnapped-child-returns-home...is it really them or not, trope...and turns it into something that's unpredictable, mostly believable and twisted AF.  

Every time, you think you know where it's going...you really don't.  I like a mystery where the clues are there for you to decipher along the way but there's always something else you didn't quite see or figure out.

I really like Brittany Pressley as a narrator, I've read reviews where people don't really care for her voice, but for me personally, she never disappoints.


BREAKDOWN
Narration ➯ 5 STARS
Plot  4.5/5
Characters  4.5/5
The Feels  4.5/5
Pacing  5/5
Addictiveness  4.5/5
Theme, Tone or Intensity  5/5
Originality/Believability  4/5
Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening)  4/5
Twisty-ness/Mystery  4.5/5
Ending  4.3/5
SUMMATION  4½ STARS



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER