Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ❱ ALL THE BROKEN PEOPLE


BY LEAH KONEN

    NARRATED BY JESSE VILINSKY


    THE DETAILS


     TWISTY MYSTERY
     LIKE TWIST UPON TWIST UPON TWIST
     DID I MENTION IT HAS TWISTS...
     THE AUTHOR SHARES MY NAME...
     LENGTH OF AUDIO - 12 HOURS, 47 MINUTES
     I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY
     



    MY THOUGHTS⇣


    A fairly engrossing tale of duplicity...with so many revelations you'll probably get whiplash trying to keep up.  Filled with false assumptions, and lies, both outright and by-omission, that will lead the characters to believe in deceptions that have far-reaching consequences...and ultimately leave them broken or possibly dead...  

    I like Jesse Vilinsky as a narrator...but she makes every sentence sound really short or abrupt.  I'm left feeling stumped on whether it's the writing style of the author(s) or her style of voice acting.  In the past year, I've listened to at least 5 or 6 books narrated by her, and some books she feels perfect, others not so much...this particular one, not so much...but she wasn't bad, either.  Her style does lend towards easier consumption of a book overall since I find shorter sentences help make it easier for me to stay in the story.

    The epilogue left me confused...I don't get what that was all about unless I missed something, it really felt unnecessary to the overall story and I wonder why it was added at all?  If this had been left out it would have shaved some of the length of this book off because I found it to be a little long-ish.




    BREAKDOWN

     Narration Rating ⇢ 4 STARS
     Plot ⇢ 4/5
     Characters ⇢ 4/5
     The Feels ⇢ 4/5
     Pacing ⇢ 4/5
     Addictiveness ⇢ 4.3/5
     Theme, Tone or Intensity ⇢ 4.2/5
     Originality/Believability ⇢ 4/5
     Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening) ⇢ 4/5
     Twisty-ness/Mystery ⇢ 4/5
     Ending ⇢ 3.7/5
     Summation ⇢ 4 STARS




    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    My Latest Post

    AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER