Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ● HE STARTED IT ●


BY SAMANTHA DOWNING

    NARRATED BY KARISSA VACKER


    THE DETAILS


    ○ MYSTERY/THRILLER/SUSPENSE
     AN INHERITANCE AT STAKE
     ROAD-TRIP FROM HELL
     ONE JAW-DROPPING TWIST AFTER ANOTHER
    ○ MONEY REALLY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL
     LENGTH OF AUDIO - 9 HOURS, 49 MINUTES
     I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY




    MY THOUGHTS⇣


    Damn, that was crazy AF...It was as if the author was slowly spoon-feeding us bits of info as the story progressed and towards the end, she was using a shovel instead of a spoon.  It was coming at me from all angles...I think this is why there is a shovel on the cover of the book.

    Was this over-the-top...yes.  Was it always believable...no.  Did I care, not really.  Were the characters likable...now that's definitely debatable...I think they are exactly what they need to be to make this story what it is. They are deeply disturbed...a whole freaking family of deeply disturbed characters, actually.  This is one hell-of-a road trip and one that's not to be missed.

    The fantastic narration kept me glued to my phone and made this a compellingly listenable tale.  Karissa Vacker is improving her narration game and becoming one of my favorites.


    BREAKDOWN

     Narration Rating ⇢ 5 STARS
     Plot ⇢ 5/5
     Characters ⇢ 5/5
     The Feels ⇢ 5/5
     Pacing ⇢ 5/5
     Addictiveness ⇢ 5/5
     Theme, Tone or Intensity ⇢ 5/5
     Originality ⇢ 5/5
     Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening⇢ 5/5
     Twisty-ness/Mystery ⇢ 5/5
     Ending ⇢ 5/5
     Summation ⇢ 4¾ STARS




    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    My Latest Post

    AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER