Pages

Monday, August 31, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ➯ ALL THESE MONSTERS

 


BY AMY TINTERA


NARRATED BY MARIA LIATIS


THE DETAILS
❐ ALL THESE MONSTERS #1
❐ ONE POV (CLARA)
❐ DYSTOPIAN-ISH
❐ YOUNG ADULT (HEAVY ON THE YOUNG)
❐ LENGTH OF AUDIO ➯ 10 HOURS, 34 MINUTES
 I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY







I've been a fan of Amy Tintera's works in the past, I really liked the Reboot Duo...but maybe I need to be more discerning when it comes to the YA I choose to read...because I wasn't really feeling this...it just felt too YA for me.  The dialogue felt rather cheesy and the actions of the characters felt off...I'm going to with this being a case of it's not you (the book), it's me (me).  Since there are already plenty of readers who've liked it.  Although, I do love the cover and its simplicity.

I want to say that the narration by Maria Liatis was well performed...but maybe she's to blame for how I feel about the book...who knows.


MY RATING  STARS


BREAKDOWN
Narration ➯ 4 STARS
Plot  3.5/5
Characters  3/5
The Feels  2.5/5
Pacing  3/5
Addictiveness  2/5
Theme, Tone or Intensity  2/5
Originality/Believability  3/5
Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening)  3/5
World-Building  2.5/5
Ending  2.5/5
SUMMATION  2¾ STARS




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER