Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2019

We Sold Our Souls by Grady Hendrix

FEATURING


Rock N Roll/Metal Inspired
Horror-if-ic
Weird AF
Gore
Devil Worshipping


With Audio Performed by Carol Monda


LINK TO SYNOPSIS (AUTHOR'S WEBSITE)


MY RATING⇢ 3.5 STARS | GRADE B-



MY THOUGHTS


I loved how the chapters were named after albums of different Rock/Metal bands.  It was the second chapter in, I believe, and the chapter was Appetite For Destruction...and I was thinking, hey, that's  a Gun's & Roses album name (the only truly good one from them, in my opinion.)  After that, I tried to figure out the band from each new chapter name.  Some I knew, some I didn't.  Probably because I was more of a Rock/Hair Band kind of music fan than a metal fan.

Overall, a crazily entertaining listen, with audio performed fairly decently by Carol Monda, her raw, deep voice really captured the true essence of Kris Pulaski.

Although, at times, I was utterly confused and I may have missed the point of the whole story.  I was left wondering if this was a play on metal music poisoning your mind or was the music actually poisoning their minds, like sublimely?  Or, is it both? At other times it felt like it was dipping into a supernatural theme...with the whole, he sold our souls to the devil shit, either that or they were on some serious drugs.  This sort of confusion seems to be a theme for me lately, and what was with those UPS guys?

THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 3.5/5
Narration Performance 4.3/5
Characters 3.8/5
The Feels 3/5
Pacing 4/5
Addictiveness 3.8/5
Theme or Tone 3.5/5
Flow (Writing Style) 3.7/5
Backdrop (World Building) 4.3/5
Originality 4.3/5
Ending 3.8/5 Cliffhanger Nah...
_____

Book Cover It's awesome, actually...very Rock N Roll
Setting West Virginia & Las Vegas
Source Libby Audiobook (Library)
Length 9 hours, 2 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER