Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

The House by Christina Lauren

FEATURING


Monster House For Teens
With Romance
A Possession
Paranormal
Older YA

With Audio Performed Swimmingly by Elizabeth Louise and Deacon Lee

LINK TO SYNOPSIS (AUTHOR'S WEBSITE)


MY RATING⇢ 4 STARS | GRADE B+



MY THOUGHTS


Best Character goes to the Antagonist...The House.  Not that I was rooting for the house...well maybe I was, a little.  Did you ever see the movie, Monster House...




...this was like that, but with seventeen-year-olds, and some mushy, gushy romance stuff.  It wasn't half bad either...and I think that surprised me because I was hesitant to read it.  Seriously, that's all you really need to know...I say read it, especially if you're in the mood for something different than your average ghost story.  Also...if you've never seen Monster House...then you should, even if you don't have kids.

FYI...As far as the romance goes...or at least as far as the characters take things in their relationship this is getting an Older YA tag from me.  

THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 4/5
Narration Performance 4/5
Characters 4/5
The Feels 3.7/5
Pacing 4/5
Addictiveness 3.5/5
Theme or Tone 3.5/5
Flow (Writing Style) 3.7/5
Backdrop (World Building) 4/5
Originality 4/5
Ending 4/5
_____

Book Cover I like it.
Setting Morton, Kansas
Source Libby Audiobook (Library)
Length 8 hours, 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER