Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

FEATURING


Blake Crouch Kind-of-Trippy
Science Fiction
Mind-Fucking/Defining
With A Love Story


With Audio Performed by Jon Lindstrom


LINK TO SYNOPSIS (AUTHOR'S WEBSITE)


MY RATING⇢ 4.8 STARS | GRADE A



MY THOUGHTS


Blake Crouch has a way of taking you for a ride...one wild and crazy ride with thought-provoking situations and dilemma's that leave you contemplating the meaning of life and love and the pursuit of happiness and such.  He also does science fiction in a way that is easily digestible.

For the sake of a Reading Challenge (Halloween Bingo), I went into this knowing certain aspects of it, and I don't believe knowing that ruined the story...because ultimately I didn't really know where this was going to end up.   I just kind of let it take me where it would...and wow the taking was intense, especially that ending.  I would have really loved to know what happened to Amanda, though.

The Audio was excellently executed by Jon Lindstrom, who is also an actor, and it shows...he was amazing, really brought the story to life.  FYI, this would be amazing as a TV Show, or a Movie, but I don't think a movie could really get the scope of it.



THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 5/5
Narration Performance 5/5
Characters 4.8/5
The Feels 4.7/5
Pacing 5/5
Addictiveness 4.7/5
Theme or Tone 5/5
Flow (Writing Style) 5/5
Backdrop (World Building) 5/5
Originality 4.5/5
Ending 4.8/5 Cliffhanger I don't even know how to answer that...
_____

Book Cover It's trippy...
Setting Chicago
Source Libby Audiobook (Library)
Length 10 hours, 9 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER