Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Transcendence by Shay Savage


๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Primitive Man/ Modern Woman
but...NO Dinosaurs :(
Sex-plicit (lots of it)
Told In First Person from Ehd's POV
Almost Non-Existant Communication
A Love to Transcend Time
Time-Travel
Companion Novella Told From Beh's POV



With Audio Performed by Chris Chambers




๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


3.7STARS - GRADE=B

(Rating for Luffs 3STARS - GRADE=C)





๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Transcendence is a time-travel romance that focuses on the romance more than the science behind the time-travel.  I also don't believe its main goal is to be historically accurate, despite that it is loved by many.  I listened to Transcendence and read Luffs.  Narration for Transcendence was very good for the content.  Chris Chambers performed a decent prehistoric caveman.  He made me laugh, a lot, Hoh!

While I wasn't blown away by this, I did enjoy it.  I started the companion novella when I discovered its existence, thinking it would help me to not be so frustrated by their lack of communication.  I just wanted to know, at least a little bit, of what Beh was feeling and thinking.   I also wondered if she knew right from the start, that she traveled through time.  Thankfully, the novella delivered on that and made the experience of Transcendence slightly more gratifying than it would have been on its own.  Also, I really liked the way the ending played out.  Although...I really wanted a dinosaur or two...



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 


Plot⇝ 3.5/5
Narration Performance⇝ 4.5/5
Main Characters⇝ 4.2/5
The Feels⇝ 4.2/5
Pacing⇝ 4/5
Addictiveness⇝ 4/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 3.5/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 3.5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 4/5
Originality⇝ 4/5
Ending⇝ 4.2/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Nope.
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ I like it...for the visual of Ehd, otherwise I would have pictured him to look more like an actual prehistoric man.  I like the cover of Luffs better though because it shows both, Beh and Ehd.  Awww...
Setting⇝ Prehistoric Hungary
Source⇝ Audiobook (Hoopla) eBook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER