Pages

Friday, June 7, 2019

Lies Beneath by Anne Blackwood Brown

Lies Beneath #1


๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


MerPeople
Killer Mermaids
Lake Superior Setting
Insta-Romance



With Audio Performed by MacLeod Andrews




๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Lies Beneath is not a bad story, more like a meh story.  The idea behind it is an interesting one, mermaids who kill to survive and live in the Great Lakes...seriously killer Mermaids are kinda cool.  Unfortunately, the idea of it is cooler than the actual story.  Some Authors have the ability to pull a reader into the story and make them really feel it, but I didn't feel that with this Author.  Initially, I was drawn to this story because the setting is Lake Superior, being from Michigan, I thought it was super cool to have a setting close to home, even though it was a part of Lakes Superior by Minnesota, I still kinda dug it.  The narration was decently done, Macleod Andrews doesn't usually disappoint.  I did not know until a couple of days after I finished this that it has two more books...I thought it was a stand-alone.  The ending did kind of leave it with things unsaid, but I was fine with that.  So, I honestly don't think I will continue the series.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


3.2STARS - GRADE=C+



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 


Plot⇝ 3.2/5
Narration Performance⇝ 4.5/5
Characters⇝ 3.5/5
The Feels⇝ 2.3/5
Pacing⇝ 3/5
Addictiveness⇝ 3.3/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 4/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 3/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 3.5/5
Originality⇝ 4/5
Ending⇝ 3.7/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Meh...not really.
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ A bit deceiving, since the pov is from a MerMan
Setting⇝  Lake Superior, North Shore in Minnesota 
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏

๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER