Pages

Monday, June 24, 2019

The Truth About Lies by Aly Martinez

The Truth Duet #1


 ๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Adult Contemporary Romance
Drugs & Prostitution
Lies & Betrayals
Duology
Twisty
Dual POV's
Crappy Narration

With Narration Performed by John Lane & Cynthia Farrell



๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


2.8STARS - GRADE=C-



๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


This was mostly an okay-ish adult contemporary romance with a mafia-type feel to it.  I actually started branching out from romance books because of stories like this.  It all felt like the same old stuff with different character names... and I just wanted more from the books I read.

This was all that right up until the last 15% of the book...when what could be, some intriguing elements are thrown into it.  I was fairly certain I wasn't going to read the next book in this duet, until then...now I'm torn...because I really didn't care for the narration, especially the female voice...she was so corny...she just had me rolling my eyes with the way she said some stuff.  Maybe, I could do the second book, but I think I'll have to read it.



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 


Plot⇝ 4/5
Narration Performance⇝ 2.5/5
Main Characters⇝ 3.5/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 3.7/5
The Feels⇝ 2/5
Pacing⇝ 3/5
Addictiveness⇝ 3/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 3/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 2/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 3/5
Originality⇝ 3/5
Ending⇝ 3.8/5 Cliffhanger⇝
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ A Guy with Tats...like we haven't seen that before?
Setting⇝ The Chicago area...I think
Source⇝ Audiobook (Scribd)
๏ ๏ ๏

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER