Pages

Monday, June 24, 2019

The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas



๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


YA Mystery
Twisty Thriller
Secrets & Betrayals
Amateur Sleuthing
High School Drama
Second POV Told in Flashbacks


With Audio Performed by Phoebe Strole



๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


4STARS - GRADE=B+



๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


I never could have read a book about an entire squad of cheerleaders being stalked and killed a few years ago...not when my daughters were doing cheer.  But now...I went into this wholeheartedly.  I previously devoured this Author's Little Monsters, so I was excited to listen to this one.

YA Mysteries tend to get a bad rap from a lot of readers, but there are some stories that pull it off fairly well.  This Author can come up with some of those stories.  Her characters feel genuine and the sleuthing they do feels just as genuine.  The overall mysteries within her books are twisty and complex, so much more complex than you think they will shape up to be.

I did like Little Monsters a little more than The Cheerleaders, which is mostly due to the slightly underwhelming ending and the fact that it only had one narrator for both of the characters voices.   I constantly got them confused.  Confusion leads to being pulled out of the story and that tends to lessen my overall enjoyment of an Audiobook.  Seriously, I can't stress enough...If you have more than one person's POV than you NEED more than one narrator.



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 


Plot⇝ 4.2/5
Narration Performance⇝ 3.5/5
Main Characters⇝ 4/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 4/5
The Feels⇝ 4/5
Pacing⇝ 4/5
Addictiveness⇝ 4/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 4/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 3.7/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 4.5/5
Originality⇝ 4/5
Ending⇝ 4.5/5
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ It goes with the story well...
Setting⇝ Sunnybrooke, NY
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER