Pages

Friday, June 14, 2019

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn

๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 

Murder Mystery
Psychological Thriller
Graphic Depictions of Slaughter
Amazing Character Development
So F-IngTwisted
Wow, This Shit Is Dark

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 

4.3STARS - GRADE=A-


With Audio Performed by Rebecca Lowman, Cassandra Campbell, Mark Deacons and Robertson Dean



๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


My first Gillian Flynn novel, yeah...that means I've never read Gone Girl, I did see the movie, though.  That is probably why I've never felt the need to read the book, I guess.   Dark Places has been made into a movie too...and it's on Netflix so, I'll be watching it soon.  The Narrators were great in this.

The beginning of this has graphically depicted murders, it was really difficult to listen to. I had no clue of the depth into which this story would go, the book is aptly titled, for sure.  There is also some scenes of senseless farm animal slaughter towards the end, that was also really difficult to listen to.  It was dark and sad, and yet compelling as hell.  Libby Day is painted as an unlikable character...but seriously, how do you not be f*cked up with what she had to live through, and she f*cking owns that shit.  The ending threw me for a loop, and others have said that they didn't find it believable...I can see that, but inevitably however you feel about the ending, there's no denying that this is one twisted story.



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 


Plot⇝ 4.3/5
Narration Performance⇝ 5/5
Main Characters⇝ 4.3/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 4/5
The Feels⇝ 4.5/5
Pacing⇝ 4/5
Addictiveness⇝ 5/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 4/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 4.3/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 4.3/5
Ending⇝ 4.3/5
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ Love it...actually
Setting⇝ Kinnakee, Kansas and Other Places in the United States.
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER