Pages

Friday, June 28, 2019

In Harmony by Emma Scott


 ๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


The Aftermath of A Rape
Contemporary Romance
High School
Hamlet
Thespians in the Making
Favorite Author


๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


4.2STARS - GRADE=B+


๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


I love Emma Scott's writing and her characters...so genuine and heartfelt...and no necessary drama.  Although, this particular book might have dabbled in some of that.  Hence, my reason for rating only 4.2 Stars...but that rating is still good.  I loved how the play of Hamlet is interwoven with the MC's own lives...it was portrayed beautifully, and even made some sense of Shakespeare for me.  I was totally loving the story...up until the very end.

My problem was I didn't buy the ending.  Seriously, three years later...I don't know, I could've gone with one, maybe one and a half because everything leading up to it was so amazing.  Then things fell apart, at least somewhat.  I know, this could be construed as spoilery, but I can't help it, I feel like I need to say something about it.

The epilogue had me feeling all smiles by the end, though. 😁  For reference, this is Young Adult that splashes into Adult by the end.  It also deals with rape and the aftermath of that rape.



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 


Plot⇝ 4.2/5
Characters⇝ 4.5/5
The Feels⇝ 4.7/5
Pacing⇝ 5/5
Addictiveness⇝ 4.7/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 4.2/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 5/5
Ending⇝ 3.2/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Nope...
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝  It's somewhat adequate...but that couple doesn't fit with high school seniors...in my opinion.
Setting⇝ Harmony, Indiana
Source⇝ Own Kindle eBook Version
๏ ๏ ๏


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER