Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Mimic by C.L. Denault

The Prodigy Chronicles #2


๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Dystopian
Magically Fantastic...Maybe
Young Adult
Futuristic Techy
Romance
Gambit Book #1 Rating ☆5☆



๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


This disappointed me in so many ways...I absolutely loved Gambit and stalked Denaults Twitter relentlessly waiting for updates on the second book.  Maybe, I built this up in my own head too much and set myself up for disappointment, I don't know???

I am confused with where this series is going overall.  I don't get what motivates this society, other than violence, greed and the domination of the poor.  I don't know fully, how to put into words what it made me feel, all I know is it feels like it's going in a different direction than what it felt like in the first book.  I love the romance between Reece and Willow, and that was all but ignored in this book, and that probably has something to do with how I feel.  I will read the next book to see where it's going and because I'm hoping I can find my way back to what I felt in book #1.

I also would like less nattering about fashion and what they are wearing all the time, seriously you could shave about 100 pages off this book with less about that.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


3.5STARS - GRADE=B-



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 


Plot⇝ 3.5/5
Main Characters⇝ 4.5/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 4/5
The Feels⇝ 3.5/5
Pacing⇝ 3/5
Addictiveness⇝ 3/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 3/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 4/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 3.5/5
Originality⇝ 5/5
Ending⇝ 3.7/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Yes!
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ It's pretty...
Setting⇝ The London Core
Source⇝ Own Kindle eBook
๏ ๏ ๏



๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER